Thursday, October 23, 2008

Another Hit ~ "Raw Redemption" by Lacresha Hayes

I think that of all my covers thus far, this one has received the most compliments. Now while the design for Raw Redemption is simple, it seems to work for the actual content. It allows room for speculation and such.

While working with the author, Lacresha Hayes, in designing this cover, she informed me she wanted to stick with the reds, blacks and browns. Anyone who've purchased copies of her books, or seen her work online knows that she's fond of those colors. I wanted to get away from them, but alas I must obey the author. It came out better than I thought it would.

With a few simple cuts and tweaks, and several layers, we got the coloring just right to denote regret, sorrow and passion.

No comments:

An Author Trailer